Monday 17 August 2009

Life-changing realisations, inspiration and Letraset text

It seems like the past week has been one of those filled with realisations and epiphanies ... the sort where you want to cry with happiness but also because you know that things have changed.

On Friday I saw with my P.I.C Rachel, Coco Before Chanel, possibly amongst other things one of the reasons for my realisations. It was one of those films, which, with the possibility of sounding pretentious can change your life in 2 hours. It made me realise that absolutely anything is possible if you want it to. I would definately recommend it ...

I have had the strange feeling this week where i feel like I NEED to make. Need to paint, make draw, create. As I have been researching for the past couple of months and just about to begin the 2nd year of my PhD adventure, making has been on my list of things to do but where all things textual seem like an urgent priority. I have been thinking a lot of intertextuality and intermateriality and the need to create a dialogue between theory and practice or as my research aims to explore - writing//painting.

I can feel my hands reaching for the letraset text ...

No comments:

Post a Comment